Welcome to the new ZambiaLII website. Enjoy an improved search engine and new collections. If you are used to accessing ZambiaLII via Google, note Google will take some time to re-index the site.
We are still busy migrating some of the old content. If you need anything in particular from the old website, it will be available for a while longer at https://old.zambialii.org/
REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
Price: K10.00 net
Annual Subscription: Within Lusaka—K300.00
Published by Authority Outside Lusaka—K350.00
No. 6916] Lusaka, Friday, 9th October, 2020 [Vol. LVI, No. 85
GAZETTE NOTICE NO. 1032 OF 2020 [9620575
The Standards Act.
(No. 4 of 2017)
IT IS HEREBY NOTIFIED for the public information that in exercise of the powers conferred upon the Zambia Bureau of Standards by the
Standards Act No. 4 of 2017, the documents listed in schedule below have been declared Zambian Standards.
Copies of the standards are obtainable at the Zambia Bureau of Standards Documentation and Information Centre, Freedom way, South
End, P.O. Box 50259, Lusaka. Telephone: 260 211 231385 / 227075.Email: email@example.com
31ST JULY 2020 M. MUTALE,
Zambia Bureau of Standards
S/N ZS No. Title of standard(s)
1. ZS ITU-T L.35: Installation of optical fibre cables in the access network
2. ZS ITU-T L.43: Optical fibre cables for buried application
3. ZS ITU-T L.48: Mini-trench installation technique
4. ZS ITU-T L.38: Use of trenchless techniques for the construction of underground infrastructures for telecommunication
5. ZS ITU-T L.73: Methods for inspecting and repairing underground plastic ducts
6. ZS ITU-T L.49: Micro-trench installation technique
7. ZS ITU-T L.88: Management of poles carrying overhead telecommunication lines
8. ZS ITU-T L.77: Installation of optical fibre cables inside sewer ducts
9. ZS ITU-T L.11: Joint use of tunnels by pipelines and telecommunication cables, and the standardization of underground
10. ZS ITU-T L.1700: Requirements and framework for low-cost sustainable telecommunications infrastructure for rural
communications in developing countries
11. ZS ITU-T K.72 Protection of telecommunication lines using metallic conductors against lightning – Risk management
12. ZS ITU-T L.17 Implementation of connecting customers into the public switched telephone network (PSTN) via
13. ZS ITU-T G.650.1 (2010) Definitions and test methods for linear, deterministic attributes of single-mode fibre and cable.
14. ZS ITU-T G.650.2 (2007) Definitions and test methods for statistical and non-linear related attributes of single-mode fibre
15. ZS ITU-T G.650.3 (2008) Test methods for installed single-mode optical fibre cable links.
16. ZS ITU-T G.651.1 (2007) Characteristics of a 50/125 ìm multimode graded index optical fibre cable for the optical access
17. ZS ITU-T G.652 (2009) Characteristics of a single-mode optical fibre and cable.
18. ZS ITU-T G.653 (2010) Characteristics of a dispersion-shifted single-mode optical fibre and cable.
19. ZS ITU-T G.654 (2012) Characteristics of a cut-off shifted single-mode optical fibre and cable.
20. ZS ITU-T G.655 (2009) Characteristics of a non-zero dispersion-shifted single-mode optical fibre and cable.
21. ZS ITU-T G.656 (2010) Characteristics of a fibre and cable with non-zero dispersion for wideband optical transport.
22. ZS ITU-T G.657 (2012) Characteristics of a bending-loss insensitive single-mode optical fibre and cable for the access
23. ZS ITU-T K.29 (1992) Coordinated protection schemes for telecommunication cables below ground.
24. ZS ITU-T K.47 (2012) Protection of telecommunication lines against direct lightning flashes.
25. ZS ITU-T L.1 (1988) Construction, installation and protection of telecommunication cables in public networks.
26. ZS ITU-T L.27 (1996) Method for estimating the concentration of hydrogen in optical fibre cables.
27. ZS ITU-T L.46 (2000) Protection of telecommunication cables and plant from biological attack.
28. ZS IEC 60793-1-1 (2008) Optical fibres – Part 1-1: Measurement methods and test procedures – General guidance.
29. ZS IEC 60793-1-21 (2001) Optical fibres – Part 1-21: Measurement methods and test procedures – Coating geometry.
30. ZS IEC 60793-1-30 (2010) Optical fibres – Part 1-30: Measurement methods and test procedures – Fibre proof test.
31. ZS IEC 60793-1-32 (2010) Optical fibres – Part 1-32: Measurement methods and test procedures – Coating strippability.
32. ZS IEC 60793-2-10 (2011) Optical fibres – Part 2-10: Product specifications – Sectional specification for category A1
33. ZS IEC 60793-2-50 (2012) Optical fibres – Part 2-50: Product specifications – Sectional specification for class B single-
34. ZS IEC 60794-1-1(2011) Optical fibre cables – Part 1-1: Generic specification – General.
35. ZS IEC 60794-1-2 (2013) Optical fibre cables – Part 1-2: Generic specification – Cross reference table for optical cable test
36. ZS IEC 60794-1-21 (2015) Optical fibre cables – Part 1-21: Generic specification - Basic optical cable test procedures – Mechanical
37. ZS IEC 60794-1-22 (2012) Optical fibre cables – Part 1-22: Generic specification –Basic optical cable test procedures –
Environmental tests methods.
38. ZS IEC 60794-1-23 (2012) Optical fibre cables – Part 1-23: Generic specification – Basic optical cable test procedures – Cable
elements test methods.
39. ZS IEC 60794-3 (2014) Optical fibre cables – Part 3: Outdoor cables –Sectional specification.